Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally Recording Original Music


Yesterday I finally got back into recording SOME OF MY ORIGINAL MUSIC ! ! ! !
So please excuse all the excitement.
One of my friends got hooked up with a digital recording interface so we can record music into the computer using some really cool RECORDING STUDIO SOFTWARE!!!!!!

First, he's got this interface from Presonus. You can record like EIGHT CHANNELS OF AUDIO AT ONCE !!!!!!
Wow.
Here's a mixing board. We used this to control the music signals coming from guitar, bass, and a vocal microphone.
On the computer - CUBASE RECORDING STUDIO SOFTWARE !!!!!!
Pronounced Q-base.
I'm trying not to get too excited while typing, but it's not working.
I started off by copying some drum & guitar loops into the audio tracks. Then we added some guitar solos, to boost our guitar-hero egos, of course.
Then I worked on a totally new tune I just pulled out of thin air (or as we put it, out of my ass). Normally you would never want to make up a song while you're in a recording studio, since you would probably be paying at least $40 bones an hour. However, when you have your own gear, you can just throw down whatever you want!!! If it sucks, you just start over, and you haven't wasted oodles of cash, just a little time. And you're not really wasting time, since when you write your own material, you have to write 5 or 10 things before something good really shows up.
The tunes we did yesterday were pretty rough, but when we work on them more and they sound better, I'll try to post some sound clips RIGHT HERE BABY!!!!! Can you sense any excitement from me?

No comments: