Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cast Iron Cooking Stuff - Old And New

Tonight I have some Cast Iron stuff I'd like to show you.




First, a brand new cast iron skillet from Range Kleen.











Comes pre-seasoned. I cooked up some nice bacon to help season it more. Cast iron cookware requires some real TLC. You must clean and season it to make the nice smooth surface that makes it a non-stick item.
Here's a Dutch Oven. I don't think it's really from the Dutch lands of the Netherlands.
In this picture you can see the markings on the bottom of my Dutch Oven.
8
D O
Made
In
USA
I can picture Homer Simpson saying "DOH!! Made In USA - where's USA?"
I think cooking stuff with this HEAVY HEAVY cast iron stuff is very cool, or maybe hot - or maybe I should just say it's excellent. It ain't cool since you really have to heat this thing up, and if I say it's hot, well, it's hot alright. Cooks up food great.
Cast iron cookware gets more non-stick the more you use it. I've cooked bacon, eggs, sausage, onions, and many other things, and every time I use it, it's easier to cook with, and easier to clean.
Google cast-iron stuff and you'll be amazed.
Oh, and follow your dreams!

No comments: