Saturday, May 1, 2010

TV Set & Internet Upgrade

Well, I decided to finally join the 21st century! Above, see my old TV. Below - Verizon FIOS, TV & Internet, and my new 37" HD TV - welcome to the 21st century for me.
WOW, I can't believe how sharp HD shtuff is! Also, I couldn't believe how much dust there was behind the old set. Mountains I'm talkin'.
So I have this fiber-optic line now. It comes into the house and goes to this big white box installed in the basement. It's like I've got the HAL computer now (2001 Space Oddesey movie) running all my comm equipment.
FAAAAST internet - 15 Mbps download, and 5 Mb upload. Great for multi-media.
Now I just have to learn how all this new shtuff works. And what am I gonna do with all my old VHS video tapes? I guess I'll be copying them over to DVD now. They all look so blurry though, now that I'm spoiled w/ HD.
Music, sports, movies - on demand, WOO-HOO!

1 comment:

Raige Creations said...

welcome to the brave new world...but did you forget how to use the phone? ;) call me to catch me up, never did receive anything in the mail btw.....