Tuesday, May 18, 2010

People on Welfare

What's the definition of welfare?

W e
E njoy
L iving
F ree
A t
R eal Workers'
E xpense

Recently I had the opportunity to notice some people who collect benefits from governments, but they don't work. AKA Welfare.

My favorite welfare people are those who have children without the means to support them, unless of course, the taxpayers assist. Must be nice.

Then when they run into some unearned income, they get mad if they have to pay income taxes on their unearned income. After all, only suckers work full-time jobs. People are cool if they reproduce, then collect government assistance even though they are able-bodied and employable.

Wow, I guess I'm just too uncool to be on welfare. I spend too much time supporting myself with gainful employment. I pay my taxes.

And never once, have I received so much as a 'thank you for supporting me and my children' from the slackers on WELFARE.

I remeber when I was raised by my parents (yes, that's plural, as in 2 parents, not one) - they would usually not accept public assistance unless it was for something hugely important, such as college tuition assistance.

My, how times have changed...

1 comment:

Raige Creations said...

It would be nice to hear some positive thoughts on life from you instead of things like this.

Many people are trying to find employment with difficulty in this economy, and don't rely on Welfare to get them through.
And many on Welfare are thankful for assistance through their difficult times.
It is too bad the few that take advantage of the system give the public such a poor view of those who really need it and appreciate it.
So on behalf of those who need it (not being one myself, as I am not a 'slacker' as you like to term it) - Thank you for all your hard work and contributing to the community that you are a part of.