Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Labbatt's Porter, And Federal Meats Bacon/Cheddar Patties

We've all heard of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Combining peanut butter with chocolate, makes for a good candy.

http://www.hersheys.com/reeses/

Well, I found 2 other great tastes that go great together: Labbatt's Porter beer, and Bacon/Cheddar hamburger patties from Federal Meats. And of course, the hamburgers are grilled, with mesquite smoking chips.




There was recently a sale on the Labbatt's Porter at the local beverage center. Buy one 6-pack, get one free. This made it a tempting offer.










Federal Meats has lots of cool little specialties, and these bacon & cheddar hamburgers are great. The only thing I don't like is they only come frozen, so I'm going to try my own recipe made from fresh ingredients someday soon.

















I used Kingford Mesquite chips. I also grilled up some sausages at the time.

The only thing wrong with this taste combo is when you switch back to regular burgers & beer. You take a taste and say "What the hell is this? I gotta get the good stuff again."

No comments: