Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two good BBQ rubs from last summer

Here are a couple good rubs I made for barbecue this past summer. The one with lemon zest was great on chicken and the other rub was used on ribs. I'm sure they would be great on other meats as well and when I try this out, I'll let you know how it went.

























Rib Rub:

2 tsp celery salt
6 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt


I used this rub on ribs and I cooked them indirect method on a weber grill using hickory wood chips for smoke flavoring. They were great.


Chicken rub:

4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp rosemary, crushed
2 tsp sea salt, iodized
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, fresh
1 tsp black pepper, fresh ground

I used this on chicken breasts and I cooked them indirect method on a weber grill, also with hickory wood chips for smoke flavoring. They were also great.


In both cases, I applied the rubs just before the grill was getting up to temperature. The cooking process took an hour at least. Low & slow is the way to go I always say. Low as in low temperature, and slow as in take your time and don't rush.

No comments: