Saturday, June 13, 2009

Joys Of Owning Your Own Home - Part 3 - I GOT A NEW ROOF!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of my house getting a new roof. The roof was starting to lose shingles every time there was major wind in the weather. It's pretty embarrassing when you have to go onto your neighbor's property to retrieve bits of shingles that came from your roof. I've owned the house for 10 years and it wasn't exactly a new roof at the time I bought it.

I was lucky - I have the old-fashioned tongue-in-groove type of wood underneath the shingles. It was mostly in good shape. That stuff is supposed to be good wood to have on your roof. They only had to replace a small amount of it and then they put the new ice barrier on, then the new shingles. These pictures show it with the old shingles removed and the tongue-in-groove wood exposed.




More pictures to follow later...

No comments: