Monday, March 29, 2010

FOOD: Frying Potatoes

I was looking for an excuse to cook up something in my cast-iron skillet, and I had some red potatoes, so I put 2 + 2 together & decided to fry up some sliced and shoestring potatoes.

I had some vegetable oil, enough to cover the skillet surface about 1/4 inch. I will try this again with bacon grease next time. The thin slices came out just like potatoe chips, and the thicker ones more like french fries. My potato peeler has a section where you can push through a frech fry shaped raw potato and it slices it into 3 shoestring potatoes. They cooked the fastest and were dee-lish.




These potatoes came out great. I love being able to cook up my own food without making a huge production out of it. It stank up the house a little bit, but it was worth it.

No comments: