Sunday, August 2, 2009

PINKS Racing Show On The Speed Cannel & Hulu.com



I recently discovered a new show on Hulu.com, and it's a show on the Speed Channel if you have cable. It's PINKS All Out and it's about drag racing. I'm not a drag racing expert but I like to watch it every now & then. The reason they dared put the work PINK in the title is because it refers to people who drag race and bet their cars. If they lose the race, they lose their car to the winner, and they sign over the title, and I guess the title is supposed to be pink in California. So it's a pink slip that symbolizes losing your car instead of your job. One thing I don't get - if I win the damn race, why would I want the loser's car? My car is better. Maybe just to sell it back to the owner? Hmm.

http://www.hulu.com/pinks-all-out - link to the Hulu.com site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinks - link to a Wikipedia write-up.

It's a show about drag racing, but it's shown from a more "Reality TV" type of format. They show a lot of stuff that the people who run the race/contest have to deal with, behind the scenes. I just saw it for the first time yesterday and I'm already hooked.

No comments: